Bienal de la Imagen en Movimiento
del 29 de octubre al 4 de noviembre
Premio Norberto Griffa a la creación audiovisual latinoamericana
Terms and Conditions
About the Prize
The call is meant for works of solid author profile, free from the canons established for the entertainment industry, that show themselves as the result of authentic and innovative aesthetic and conceptual searches.
- Experimental videos and films of artists from Latin American and the Caribbean Island countries (or foreigners with more than 5 –five- years of residence in the aforementioned countries).
- There are no restrictions as regards the duration of works.
- Individual artists or collectives can submit a maximum of 3 (three) works – which have been completed after January 1, 2009.
Pre-selection and selection
Registration must be done through the online application form on the official Bienal website (www.bim.com.ar). If material is sent by traditional mail, participants can print the form once duly filled in.
2. About the submission of the works.
2.1. The submission of the works can be done through the virtual platform wetransfer in the following link (premiobim.wetransfer.com).
- The video file must be uploaded BEFORE the online form has been completed. Please refer to item 3 below for instructions concerning the video file format.
- The file must be labeled with the author’s name and title of the work (i.e. “juan_perez_titulodelaobra.mpg”). Please refer to item 3 below for instructions concerning the video file format.
- On the wetransfer, platform, place the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as addressee, and write the electronic mail address you used to register the work on the form as “your email address”. In the subject of the message also write name of author and of work.
2.2. If the work is sent by traditional mail, then the material must be sent in a DVD to the following address:
Valentín Gómez 4838 – Caseros (B1678ABJ)
Provincia de Buenos Aires – Argentina
- A DVD-R with a digital file will be accepted. This must be labeled with the name of author and title of the work (i.e. “juan_perez_titulodelaobra.mpg”). Please refer to item 3 below for instructions concerning the video file format.
- The DVD as well as the container box or envelope must be appropriately labeled with the title of work, name of author, and duration.
- Please use regular mail (no DHL, no FEDEX, nor similar) to send your work.
3. For the call, artists can send a video file in any of the standard formats used nowadays. Although the wetransfer platform admits files up to 2 GB, we suggest that the file does not exceed 1 GB (one gigabyte) in order to facilitate its uploading and downloading. We also recommend using MP4 format with codec H264 in a bitrate not higher than 2500 kbps, which allows high quality in a small size.
4. Deadline for reception of presentations at the Biennial is August 1, 2012, (Valid date will be reception date, rather than postmark).
5. Once selected, works won’t be able to be withdrawn from the competition.
6. Parcels coming from other countries need to carry visible clear captions: “Temporary use. Only for cultural aims. Without commercial value.”
7. The participant is liable for any package and postage cost as well as for any risks derived from the transportation of material.
8. Video works selected will immediately be part of BIM archive. Selected material will not be returned.
9. Return of selected works in filmic medium is up to the organizers of the Bienal.
- If selected, the videos must be presented and submitted in a HD digital file, or else Standard resolution – if there is no HD version of the work of art. The video file can be in AVI, MOV, MP4 or M2TS formats, or codified with any of the following codecs: H264 MPEG-4 AVC o MPEG 2-4. The bitrate cannot be lower than 8000 kbps.
- Experimental films must be sent in 8mm, super 8mm, 16mm y 35 mm, or else in HD digital format.
NOTIFICATION: Taking into account the constant changes that are being enforced upon Argentine customs policies, selected artists whose works are produced in a filmic medium, must give consent so that the works – if so required – are shown in a HD digital version other than their original formats.
- Selected works of art must be in Buenos Aires not later than October 1, 2012.
- All the works must be presented in Spanish or else dubbed in Spanish. Works dubbed in English will be accepted only upon exceptional consideration.
- There will be three award prizes of U$D 2500, U$D 1500 y U$D 1000, as well as mentions considered by the jury.
- The decision of the jury will be unappealable. The jury cannot declare any of the awards void.
- In case of discrepancies, the Direction of the Festival will decide according to international norms.
Artists authorize the use of fragments of their works of art for press and broadcasting.
Once finished the Biennial, the organizers will make a selection of works to edit a non-commercial DVD. Participation in the Prize implies the authorization to be part of this.
The organization is not responsible for the content of the works.
Authors declare to be owners of or have rights over all the visual and sound material of the pieces presented.
Entry to the Prize implies the acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you have any questions regard them, please send us an email (email@example.com).